BCD Travel engage employees in resource efficiency efforts. A dedicated team of CSR coordinators in their global locations oversees the implementation, tracking and improving of local environmental initiatives. Some of the 2016 initiatives are as follows:
- Green teams were organised in countries that previously did not have this engagement
- Offices ran local campaigns encouraging employees to create personal sustainability plans or otherwise incorporate sustainability into their everyday lives
- Global promotion and participation in Earth Day, Earth Hour and World Environment Day events to engage and educate employees.
- Employee award and recognition programs that reward measurable environmental improvements or demonstrations of best-in-class practices.
- Six percent increase in work from home opportunities for U.S employees, resulting in reduced gasoline and CO2 emissions, cost savings on office space, and better work-life balance.
- Implemented a Global Energy Saving program to help reduce operational energy usage by 11,661,915 kilowatt-hours (KWh) and CO2 emissions by 18,460,810lbs. ISO 14001 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that BCD travel has used to enhance its environmental performance in a systematic manner that contributes to long-term environmental goals.