Accor Hotels commits to offer guests a true culinary experience through high-quality, healthy and sustainable food, all the while contributing to the transformation of the agricultural model and fighting against food waste.
Through the Healthy and sustainable food charter, Accor hotels are reducing food waste in the restaurants by 30%, by weighing, monitoring, analysing and making every effort to reduce consumption at every stage: at the time of ordering, storing ,serving and prepping in the kitchen. They also encourage their hotels to donate unsold food, subject to local regulations and health rules.
They are also reducing the quantity of packaging used. For example, by eliminating individual portions, favouring large-sized bottles of water and dispensing with bottles of water smaller than 33cl. Where the technical and health conditions allow, Accor Hotels offer filtered water or bottled water coolers.
In its restaurants, Accor Hotels is committed to:
- Reducing food waste by 30% by 2020
- follow their charter on healthy and sustainable food
- 65% of waste from hotel operations will be recovered and reused by 2020
- 5% reduction in energy consumption per room per night by 2018 (owned, leased and managed hotels).
- 5% reduction of water consumption per night by 2018 (owned, leased and managed hotels)