Wilderness Scotland CSR Actions -Wildlife and ecosystems – pollution reduction
Content submitted by – UNWTO RW
Submited Date : 23/07/2018
Wilderness Scotland have taken significant steps to deliver meaningful action on climate change. In accordance with the advice of The Carbon Trust, their climate change strategy is based upon the following business actions:
- To encourage clients to access the start/end point of their trips by public transport
- To deliver a low carbon holiday experience, relating to the activity, transportation, accommodation and other services used.
- To elsewhere reduce energy consumption and consequent carbon emissions throughout our business, wherever possible.
- To work with suppliers to reduce carbon emissions and to develop new low-carbon products, wherever possible.
- To focus on trips to parts of Scotland where tourism will deliver positive socio-economic and environmental benefits.
- To financially offset all unavoidable carbon emissions which are generated by the company.
- To make clients aware of these issues and encourage them to offset their own carbon emissions arising from air travel